The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is proud to be recognised as a 2022 & 2023 Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice.
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 14 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and professional racing enthusiast to join the MRC as our Sponsorship Coordinator. This role will be responsible for the coordination of sponsorship relationships and deliverables of sponsorship agreements on behalf of the Melbourne Racing Club.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to all MRC racecourses (Caulfield and Sandown) as well as work weekends and public holidays as required by the racing calendar.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Act as the point of contact for race day sponsors and partners, providing exceptional customer service to maintain relationships.
- Develop strong positive relationships with sponsors to foster positive networks and relations.
- Coordinate all race day contractual material for sponsors including race book ads, ticketing, saddle cloths, trophies, advertising etc.
- Host sponsors on race days at Caulfield and Sandown Racecourse.
- Manage communication of sponsor information to relevant parties and coordinate ticketing entitlements prior to race day.
- Coordinate sponsor activations on race days.
- Liaise with external suppliers for race day requirements including livery and trophies.
- Maintain clear and accurate sponsorship records for departmental requirements.
To succeed in this exciting role you will have:
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in a customer service, marketing, events or sponsorship role
- Sports and event marketing and/or racing exposure advantageous
- Proven experience successfully building and managing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sound decision making and organisational capabilities
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong computer knowledge skills including Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program.
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family.
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station.
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave.
- Monthly staff lunches
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.