The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and professional Sponsorship Account Coordinator to join MRC. Reporting to the Sponsorship & Events Manager, this role will be responsible for the coordination of sponsorship benefits, sales and events to support the effective operations of the Commercial team and wider business. The successful candidate will have proven experience in managing stakeholder relationships, project management and executing sponsorship deliverables.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to all MRC racecourses (Caulfield, Sandown and Mornington) as well as work weekends and public holidays as required by the event calendar.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Act as the point of contact for race day sponsors and partners, providing exceptional customer service to maintain relationships.
- Develop strong positive relationships with sponsors to foster positive networks and relations.
- Coordinate all contractual materials including race book ads, ticketing, saddle cloths, trophies, advertising etc.
- Manage communication of sponsor information to relevant parties and coordinate ticketing entitlements prior to race day
- Coordinate sponsor activations on race days.
- Prepare tailored sponsorship proposals to secure sponsors.
- Identify and develop potential sponsorship properties whilst understanding their commercial and strategic sponsorship objectives.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders regarding event requirements including corporate hospitality and activities to ensure these are actioned.
- Maintain clear and accurate sponsorship records for departmental requirements.
To succeed in this exciting role you will be have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or related discipline essential
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in a customer service, marketing, account management or sponsorship role
- Sports and event marketing and/or racing exposure advantageous
- Proven experience successfully building and managing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Budget management experience
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sound decision making and organisational capabilities
- Project management experience
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently.
- Well-developed presentation and report writing skills
- Strong computer knowledge skills including Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
Why choose us?
We have all the perks of a professional, corporate culture with the added benefits of:
- Flexible work practices
- Free onsite parking
- Paid volunteer leave
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.