Full-time Sous Chef opportunity is available to assist in preparing and operating our retail or dining spaces across our 100+ events throughout the year.
For more information on our current offerings and spaces at Caulfield racecourse, please check out this link: http://mrc.uberflip.com/i/1373626-caulfield-events-venue-guide/9
What we are looking for?
- Previous experience in similar roles, ideally in a high-volume function environment essential
- Hold current accreditations including a Cert 3 in Cooking
- Demonstrated high level customer service skills in a variety of hospitality offerings
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- COVID-19 Double Vaccination Status
Duties of a Sous Chef at MRC
- Assist in developing menus, specials for dining or outlets
- Prepare, cook and serve food in accordance with menus ensuring a high level of quality and presentation is achieved at all times
- Efficient staff management
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Sous Chef and kitchen team
- MRC and food safety auditing compliance including food safety logbook, temperature checks and all other regulatory requirements
What’s in it for you?
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation wide DRIVE Development program
- Access to our year round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Discounted coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse located next to our Head Office
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.