The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies.
We have a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Senior Events Specialist to develop and implement all elements of race day and non-race day events & functions across MRC racecourses.
Based at Caulfield Racecourse, this full-time permanent role will determine strategic value and rationale for each event individually, ensure events meet operational key performance objectives and focus on an excellent customer experience for all events. The Portfolio of events features an exciting range of sporting and cultural events including race day activations, hospitality functions, special events, broadcast events and owned events such as Peninsula Picnic & Whisky, Wine & Fire.
The successful candidate will be required to work across all three racecourses, across all events, including weekend and after-hours work.
What does a Senior Event Specialist do at MRC?
- Determine the strategic value and rationale for each event individually and as part of Melbourne Racing Club’s overall annual calendar of events to meet strategic and operational key performance objectives
- Develops and implements events, functions and activities across MRC in conjunction and consultation with internal stakeholders.
- Has a strong customer service focus liaising and communicating closely with relevant stakeholders’ internal and external.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate all elements of race day and non-race day events, functions and activities in consultation and conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop new initiatives including products, events, and activities to improve customer experience, relevance, and commercial health of the club.
- Manage the production and delivery of key events and activations
- Deliver events on time, on budget and within the scoped resources to meet operational key performance objectives.
- Provide high levels of customer service to ensure the smooth running of events.
- Liaise, communicate and work closely with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure all aspects of each event and activity are delivered to successful outcomes.
- Identifies and rectifies issues to ensure smooth coordination and running of events.
Skills & Experience Required and Desirable
- Formal Tertiary qualifications in Events, Marketing, or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an event management role within a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing external event suppliers and casual staff
- Demonstrated budget management skills
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills, showing natural leadership in previous roles
- Event experience in fashion and style focused events
- Experience in providing event style direction
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritise tasks
This is a truly unique opportunity that offers the right candidate a chance to make a lasting impact within a growing business and a professional team.
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.