The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is proud to be recognised as a 2022 & 2023 Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice.
As Caulfield Racecourse undergoes the most significant upgrade in its history, the final product will see the Sales Manager take to market the state-of-the-art facilities including a 600 pax banquet room and an 18,000 sqm event deck. The Masterplan will develop Caulfield as a world-class entertainment facility accessible to all, with endless event opportunities including festivals, markets, concerts, and conventions.
Reporting directly to General Manager – Sales & Partnerships, the Sales Manager (Functions & Events) is the driving force behind helping deliver strong commercial outcomes for Caulfield and Sandown Racecourse non-race day business. The role will manage inbound and outbound business development opportunities focusing on maximizing activity within the Racecourses 365 days a year.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan to attract a diverse range of clients for venue hire at Caulfield and Sandown Racecourses.
- Conduct sales presentations, negotiations and contract discussions with potential clients.
- Monitor sales performance, analyze data and provide regular reports to management on sales activities, revenue forecasts, and market trends.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities to expand the non-race day portfolio.
- Lead and motivate a sales team, providing guidance, coaching and training to enhance their sales skills and performance.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years’ proven Sales experience working in a large-scale Hospitality & Events Venue.
- Established network within the Business events industry.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to lead and partner with sales and operational teams.
- Ability to understand, manage and deliver budget requirements.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends (if necessary).
What’s in it for you?
- KPI based bonus structure
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program.
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family.
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station.
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave.
- Monthly staff lunches
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 14 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.