The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
Based at Mornington Racecourse, the Sales Executive will join the dynamic Sales team driving sales targets and budgets for the Mornington Racecourse race day events.
The role will involve identifying and securing new business opportunities as well as retain existing clients for the Race Day Sales department; including the sale of all corporate hospitality products and implementation of sales strategies through telesales, face to face sales appointments, presentations, and networking.
The successful candidate will need to be available to work some weekend/race days and bring a positive and inclusive impact to team culture!
Duties of the Sales Executive
- Provide end to end sales opportunities and services for race day sales department
- Achieve individual and team sales targets
- Assist in the implementation and development of race day sales and marketing plans
- Assist in the renewals and engagement strategy of Mornington memberships
- Meet and great clients at race day events throughout the year, establishing strong relationships
- Execute all race day hospitality functions and corporate events
Our preferred candidate will have
- Proven experience in management of large account portfolios
- Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills
- High level influencing skills
- Well-developed presentation and report writing skills
- Experience with event/booking software (highly advantageous)
- Hospitality or Sporting industry experience in a high volume setting
What we offer
- Bonus incentives
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program service for staff and family to use
This is a truly unique opportunity that offers the right candidate a chance to make a lasting impact within a growing business and a professional team.