The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is proud to be recognised as a 2022 Winner of The Australian Business Award for Employer of Choice.
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Hospitality, Events, and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown), and Mornington Racecourses, we own 14 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
Our Sales team are looking for two Sales Account Coordinators to join the team, a permanent appointment and a 12-month contract. These roles will facilitate the coordination of events for race day and non-race day functions and provide exceptional customer service to MRC members and the general public.
Leading up to our Caulfield Cup Carnival this is an exciting time to join the team and promote all that MRC has to offer. The successful candidate will be required to work occasional late nights and weekends as per the events calendar.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Event planning and delivery; Coordinate event requirements to Food & Beverage, event services and ensure compliance and safety standards are met
- Process and manage race day hospitality bookings
- Manage calendar of internal events, including contractor management
- Manage the use of venue facilities to ensure presentation for events is set to a high standard
- Provide a high level of customer service whilst managing enquiry inbox and inbound phone calls ensuring all emails and enquiries are responded to with a prompt and professional manner
- Ensure set up of all race day hospitality products in CRM system ready for sales to members and public
- Ensure a high level of detail is provided in Floor Plans, Event Orders, Work Orders and related event documentation.
- Provide handover documentation, and conduct site walk-through with the Food & Beverage departments.
- Minimum 3 years experience in customer service and event coordination within a face paces high-volume environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous client management experience
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience in event and or venue management (desirable)
- Experience using Ungerboeck event software (Desirable)
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance.
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program.
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family.
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station.
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave.
- Free monthly staff lunches
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion, and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.