The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Rostering Coordinator to join the team in managing the rostering, resourcing and administration of MRC casual staffing pool.
Based at Caulfield Racecourse, this focus of this role is to ensure all three racecourses (Caulfield Mornington and Sandown) events are adequately staffed and meet all requirements for race and non-race day events throughout the year. This fast-paced role will be responsible for filling and managing event rosters and associated casual staffing pool. Given the variation in events throughout the year some weekend and public holiday work will be required.
Key duties of the role
- Create and execute casual rostering for all MRC race and non-race events, across three racecourses
- Update casual staff’s capabilities to ensure rostering reflects suitable staff.
- Manage employee check ins on race days ensuring staff have documentation, uniform badges, and monitoring cancellations accordingly
- Manage compliance requirements for the casual staff, including but not limited to; RSAs, OHS and working rights checks.
- Processing casual time sheets, ensuring deadlines and budgets are met
- Work with business to create cost effective rosters.
- Maintain current casual employee database by; ensuring staff availabilities are managed, performance issues are addressed and headcount is managed through the recruitment of new staff as required.
Skills & experience
- Experience rostering/scheduling essential
- Experience and knowledge using time and attendance systems essential (experience in Emplive rostering system would be advantageous)
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence essential
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office
What we offer
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- Onsite parking
- Discounted Coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program service for staff and family
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role