The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events, and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown), and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent full-time Reporting & Insights Analyst to join MRC’s Customer team. This role will be responsible for interpreting requirements to design and develop insightful analytics and reporting solutions as well as providing expertise and guidance to internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will have expertise in analysing data sets, quantitative analysis, data mining, and creating data visualizations to provide business insights.
- Reporting and communicating insights across Marketing, Membership, Sales, Food & Beverage, and Operations teams
- Design, develop and implement innovative and appealing user-friendly reports and dashboards in Power BI or other tools (Excel, SFMC)
- Assist in developing a centralised analytics model and data visualisation standards.
- Develop and present post-campaign results to the broader marketing team, including engagement and promotional performance
- Executing against the Data and Analytics roadmap, including optimization of the existing capability as well the introduction of new capabilities.
- Develop predictive models to enhance data-driven business decision-making.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative or analytical discipline or subsequent relevant experience (essential).
- Advanced SQL / Power BI / DAX (essential).
- Experience with large, complex datasets and great storytelling skills to communicate concepts and insights (essential).
- Strong data analysis and data interpretation skills with experience extracting and working with raw data (essential).
- Experience in translating business requirements to technical/analytical specifications (essential).
- Good relationship skills and the ability to work within a team as well as autonomously (essential).
- Experience in Marketing Analytics including pre/post campaign analysis, segmentation, targeting and CRM (desirable).
- Strong work execution, proactive, passion for quality and attention to detail (desirable).
What’s in it for you?
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands, and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave
COVID-19 Double Vaccination Status Required
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion, and sexual orientation and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.