The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Receptionist to join our fun-loving and collaborative team on a part time basis! This role provides high quality reception and administrative support to all visitors and members of the Melbourne Racing Club team in order to facilitate a high level of care for our customers and employees, all with a smile! You will be someone who thrives on fast-paced environments, enjoys varied responsibilities and places real value on bringing exceptional customer service and timely assistance to every one of your interactions.
Our ideal candidate will need to be excited to work a 12.30pm – 5pm shift, Monday to Friday each week and will show flexibility in start and finish times in a job share arrangement.
Why choose us?
We have all the perks of a professional, corporate culture with the added benefits of:
- Flexible work practices
- Free onsite parking
- Paid volunteer leave
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
What's a day in the life of a Receptionist at Melbourne Racing Club?
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of reception
- Be the principal point of contact for Melbourne Racing Club by answering and screening phone calls, greeting visitors, referring inbound calls and taking enquiries in a prompt and courteous manner
- Meet and greet clients and Melbourne racing Club visitors and provide exceptional customer service
- Assist in the daily set up and pack up of the reception area ensuring the rooms are left in a clean and tidy state at the end of each day
- Acting as a brand ambassador for the vision of the Melbourne Racing Club
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail for the company, including couriers and Australia Post on a daily basis
- Monitor MRC enquiries email account and provide timely response as necessary
What skills and experience excite us?
- Demonstrated experience working in an administrative and/or reception role within a similar environment (sporting, events or hospitality businesses highly desirable)
- Courteous, with high levels of professionalism
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- A strong sense of trust and a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- The flexibility and desire to take on miscellaneous tasks as they arise
- A strong confident communication style and the ability to interface professionally at all levels with staff and external parties – face to face, via email and phone
- A strong sense of accountability and ability to take ownership of tasks
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
- Qualification in business administration, communications or a related field a plus
- Experience with office relocations and/or large-scale administrative changes advantageous
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.