The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Race Day and Sponsorship Sales Manager to join the team at Mornington Racecourse. This role will be responsible for setting and achieving revenue targets, EBITDA targets and associated strategies for sponsorship and race day budgeting. This role will also be responsible for securing new business opportunities as well as product development, management and mentoring of staff.
The successful applicant will be responsible to work some weekends and race days throughout the year.
- Develop the sales strategy for future growth across race day and sponsorship, while maximising the existing customer base
- Execute the sales plan to achieve agreed revenue and EBITDA targets
- Manage the annual budgets for race day and sponsorship
- New business development
- Innovation around activations and race day products
- Creation and leadership of a winning team culture to increase sales growth
- Support your direct report to achieve their goals and support their ongoing development
Skills & Experience
- Management experience within a fast paced, high volume sports, leisure, hospitality, and events industry or similar
- Budget Management experience
- Creativity and innovation in the development of new products and revenue streams
- Proven experience in large account portfolios desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.