The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have a exciting new opportunity for two POS Administrators to join the Hospitality team and be the internal experts for Melbourne Racing Club’s Point-of-Sale system, TASK POS.
In this role, you will be the central contact in the Hospitality Team to set up, deliver and support the day-to-day POS administration, whilst developing the system and supporting integrations to ensure that the system is meeting business objectives. This hands-on role and varied role will require the successful candidate to have understanding of POS systems in a technical based role and show a willingness to contribute to successful race day requirements are met, assist in system upgrades, refinements and ongoing process improvement.
This role will be primarily based at Melbourne Racing Club’s racecourses (Caulfield, Mornington, and Sandown) for race day activations and non-race day events and functions.
What's a day in the life of a POS Administrator?
- Be the "go to person" and focal point for questions on all POS issues, acting as the key contact for the vendor technical support team
- Ensure timely and accurate deployment, updates, configuration and reporting of all TASK POS related systems
- Ensuring all POS terminals and configuration is set up effectively for each race day or function on the calendar in conjunction with the IT team
- Ownership of POS hardware deployment, and trouble shooting in conjunction with the IT team
- Provide MRC with suggested improvements to streamline business and retail sales processors, using POS as the medium to drive these improvements
- Ownership of the cross-platform workflows required for seamless operations across all MRC sites
- Race day and event onsite support as required (possible weekend work included)
What skills and experience excite us?
- Experience with POS systems
- Knowledge of IT structure and cross platform integration workflows
- Strong attention to detail and with a proven ability to develop and maintain user documentation
- Experience with Windows configuration (Printers/Networking)
- Ability to perform in high pressure situations
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues logically & systematically
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A team player that can also work autonomously
- Experience within TASK POS system advantageous
- Experience with inventory set up and stock management solutions advantageous
- Industry or POR vendor certification advantageous
- Experience in working in a Hospitality based role advantageous
- Microsoft certification highly desirable
Why choose us?
We have all the perks of a professional, corporate culture with the added benefits of:
- Flexible work practices
- Free onsite parking
- Paid volunteer leave
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
This is an amazing opportunity for you to build a long-term career within a growing business. What are you waiting for?
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion, and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.