The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is proud to be recognised as a 2022 Winner of The Australian Business Award for Employer of Choice.
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Hospitality, Events, and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown), and Mornington Racecourses, we own 14 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
Our People & Culture (P&C) Shared Services team is seeking a dedicated full-time People & Culture Coordinator who is passionate about recruitment, customer service and accuracy/attention to detail. This is a diverse role working within the Shared Services team to assist the P&C department and wider business. This role will assist in all areas of recruitment, onboarding, compliance, process efficiencies and more with exposure to a wide range of HR operational activities.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills with the ability to be flexible as priorities change. If you are looking to further develop your career and grow with a great team around you then this is the role for you.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Coordinate end-to-end recruitment & onboarding through our recruitment system (Martin Logic) including managing correspondence during the process, Hiring Manager support, and administration and interview support as needed.
- Assist with the creation of position descriptions, advertising content, and options for publication.
- Provision of administrative support and advice for all recruitment inquiries.
- Interpreting P&C policies and procedures for managers and employees
- Coordinating the delivery of training modules and ongoing operations within our Learning Management System (Tribal Habits)
- Maintaining employee databases accurately and effectively
- Maintenance of electronic employee files
- Ongoing development and updating of P&C documentation, policies and procedures
- Delivery of administrative support to the Shared Services team
- Experience within a fast-paced operational or administrative setting (essential)
- Formal qualification in Human Resources or related (desirable)
- High-level Customer Service (internal and external)
- A self-starter who is able to manage changing workloads proactively
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and ability to think creatively, looking at complex situations through a solutions-focused lens
- High level of resilience, demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and exceptional attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
What’s in it for you?
- $60,000 - $67,500 base + super (dependant on experience)
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance.
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program.
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family.
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station.
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave.
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion, and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.