Melbourne Racing Club is looking for a Full-time experienced Chef De Partie to join the Caulfield Racecourse Kitchen in creating an exceptional culinary experience with a strong focus on all things pastry. We have over 100+ events and race days throughout the year offering a mixture of formal dining and on-the-go snacks, delivering consistent, high standard food to both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be based at Caulfield Racecourse, however, will show flexibility in working across our 3 racecourses, Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington as well as a willingness to work weekends and late nights when needed.
What’s in it for you?
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation wide DRIVE Development program
- Access to our year round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Discounted coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse located next to our Head Office
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave
Duties of the Chef De Partie
- Work as part of the team providing services to members and patrons
- Prepare, cook and serve food in accordance with menus
- Maintain kitchen equipment
- Maintain a high level of presentation, cleanliness and hygiene at all times
- Oversee the appropriate receiving and storage and rotation of food
- Assist in creating and developing menus, specials and functions
What MRC is looking for
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong background working within patisseries/ working with pastry
- Hold current accreditations Cert 3 in Cooking
- Demonstrated high level customer service skills in a variety of hospitality offerings
- COVID-19 Double Vaccination Status Required
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.