Melbourne Racing Club is looking for casual Pastry Chef De Partie to join the team in Caulfield East.
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We are looking to hire an experienced Casual Pastry Chef de Partie to join a growing and dedicated kitchen team at Caulfield Racecourse to work minimum 60hrs per fortnight. If you are a perfectionist, passionate, efficient, and dedicated Pastry Chef then this role is for you!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Create and prepare a variety of dessert items on a large scale including but not limited to; `a la carte lunch desserts, set menu desserts and selection of petit fours for fine- dining restaurants, grazing
spaces and buffets as required by the Head Pastry Chef.
- Prepare and organize ingredients for use in the kitchen.
- Assist our Head Pastry Chef to plan the menu of dessert to complement savory items
- Maintain up to date knowledge about pastry arts and ingredients
- Travel to Caulfield, Sandown and Mornington Racecourses for executing events and functions
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience working as a pastry chef in production or restaurant kitchen environment
- Minimum Certificate III in Patisserie.
- Ability to accurately follow and mathematically adapt recipes
- Good knowledge and understanding of pastry ingredients.
- Confident culinary techniques and skills
- Excellent planning, organising, and time management skills
- Commitment food safety principles and OHS guidelines
- Open communication skills and willingness to contribute
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.