The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operations Coordinator to join the team leading the onsite delivery of Melbourne Racing Club’s race-days and other events across Caulfield, Sandown and Mornington racecourses.
In this role you will work across a diverse array of events throughout the year, in which you may be the on-site lead for the delivery of race day and non-race day event set up. This is a hands-on role coordinating and leading contractors on the ground to achieve delivery of temporary infrastructure builds, bump in/out and logistical movements for all events.
The successful candidate will have experience coordinating public events in a fast-paced, diverse and hands on role. Interacting with internal and external stakeholders, meeting compliance requirement, temporary infrastructure and experience using a forklift.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel to all MRC racecourses (Caulfield, Sandown and Mornington) as well as work weekends and public holidays as required by the event calendar.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Hands on and on the ground operations lead responsible for the delivery of temporary infrastructure builds, bump in/out, logistical movements and labour/contractor coordination for all race day set ups and MRC owned events.
- Assist and work with internal stakeholders to plan and execute successful major events.
- Work with the Sandown and Mornington team to assist with the planning and delivery of venue requirements for external clients.
- Regularly and as requested, work from Sandown to assist and support the venue manager in the operational day to day delivery of the venues needs
- Assist in maintaining and further developing event planning systems, schedules and processes, embracing innovation and continuous improvement.
- Manage and maintain all operational machinery and upkeep of compliance documentation such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts etc.
- Assist in compiling documentation for race day POPE’s is collected to ensure compliance verification is successful.
What skills and experience excite us?
- 5+ years’ experience in a fast paced, multi-use entertainment venue essential
- Current forklift licence essential
- Understanding/knowledge of current compliance requirements (i.e., Place of Public Entertainment) in relation to public events essential
- Tertiary qualifications in Events or Venue Management, or related discipline advantageous
- Current EWP licence advantageous
- Proven experience in managing relationships with contractors, suppliers & partners.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organising and co-ordinating workload/tasks in situations where demands of a diverse nature are involved.
- Understanding and use of EBMS ensuring event coordination, ordering and budgeting adheres to department guidelines.
- Experience within a fast paced, high volume, diverse, sports, leisure, hospitality and events industry or similar advantageous
- Ability and willingness to use hand tools.
Why choose us?
We have all the perks of a professional, corporate culture with the added benefits of:
- Flexible work practices
- Free onsite parking
- Paid volunteer leave
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.