The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Office Manager looking for a diverse, hands-on role which requires professionalism, interpersonal skills, energy and attention to detail. The position involves confidential, high-level information as well as engagement with all stakeholders across Melbourne Racing Club. In addition, the Office Manager contributes to the organisation and maintenance of all office operations and procedures whilst liaising closely with the Executive Assistant: this is a dynamic business partnering role that will see you using your project management experience to drive organisational change across the business. This really isn’t your average office manager role!
Why choose us?
We have all the perks of a professional, corporate culture with the added benefits of:
- Flexible work practices
- Free onsite parking
- Paid volunteer leave
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
What's a day in the life of an Office Manager at Melbourne Racing Club?
- Developing and implementing office policies and procedures under the guidance of the People & Culture department
- Overseeing and supporting the reception team, identifying opportunities for improvement in workload and leading the implementation process
- Ensure contract arrangements are in place and maintained to optimise relevant financial expenditure related to office administration including vendor relationship management and price negotiations.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of budgets and supplier invoices including processing purchase orders, expense reports and invoices.
- In partnership with the Executive Assistants, provide new team members with support and guidance by facilitating the onboarding process in relation to office equipment, introductions and training on internal systems.
- Providing Executive administrative support as necessary to the Executive Director – People & Culture, including doing research and creating reports.
- On-going project management of business-wide initiatives
What skills and experience excite us?
- Demonstrated EA or Office Manager experience required; administrative and/or event, hospitality or sporting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, communications or a related field
- Demonstrated experience managing large projects through to implementation with a personal commitment to delivering on key milestones through stakeholder management and cross-collaboration
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with consideration to various audiences
- Goal-oriented and highly organised self-starter who maintains high standards for their own work and the work of others
- High level of initiative and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong collaborator who works well independently or on team projects
- Experience in diary management and planning
This is a truly unique opportunity that offers the right candidate a chance to make a lasting impact within a growing business and a professional team.
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.