The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We are looking for an experienced Membership Manager to join the Customer team at MRC and support the operations of the Membership department. Reporting to the General Manager – Customer, this role will be responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Membership department and coordinate membership events, activities, and fulfillment. They will also be responsible for the effective development and delivery of the membership strategy and KPI’s.
The successful candidate may be required to work some race days and events throughout the year.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Assist in growing the Membership numbers, revenue, and retention rate to set KPI each season
- Assist with management of membership expenditure within budget
- Drive membership attendance and increase member satisfaction rating score each season
- Work with the General Manager – Customer to develop 12-month membership plans aligned to the overarching MRC Strategy
- Work closely with the CRM and Marketing team to develop, implement and measure membership marketing activity and communications
- Oversee distribution and accuracy of Membership reports and data
- Manage and develop the Membership team to achieve individual and team goals and services provided
- Create seasonal campaign planning, working with Customer Engagement & Marketing teams to achieve acquisition and attendance goals
- Development of membership customer service function
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- 3 years' experience in a similar role a fast-paced, high volume club environment
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing or related discipline
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience working with database applications and websites
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
What’s in it for you?
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organization-wide DRIVE Development program
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family
- Discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Discounted coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse located next to our Head Office
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.