The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
Our Membership department is on the lookout for a casual Membership Customer Service Assistant to be the first point of contact for our members. This position will support the Membership team with incoming inquiries from new and existing members and processing membership applications and renewals.
This position will support our Membership team through their busy period in June and July. Working from our Caulfield Head Office, the ideal candidate would have the availability to work up to full-time equivalent hours during this period. Ongoing shift opportunities available with the potential of Caulfield Cup Carnival 2022.
The successful candidate will be required to work the occasional weekend day during events and race days to support members.
What could my day look like?
- Act as the first point of contact via inboard calls and emails
- Process new membership applications and renewals via phone, mail and in-person
- Accurately enter customer data into our membership database
- Provide a high level of customer service, in a friendly and professional manner
- Assist members on race days or events
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of quality customer service
- Strong face-to-face/telephone-based skills
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Strong time management with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous experience in a membership-based role is desirable
What’s in it for me?
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station
- Access to our year-round well-being imitative including out Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Discounted Coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse located next to our head office
COVID-19 double vaccination status required
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.