The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Hospitality, Events, and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown), and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Marketing Campaigns Lead to join the Marketing Department. Based at Caulfield Racecourse, this position will report to the Head of Marketing and be responsible for managing the implementation of the club’s marketing campaigns across both race day and non-race day events, with a focus on paid media and the utilisation of owned assets.
- Implement key marketing campaigns across the racing event, including Caulfield Cup Carnival and Summer/Autumn carnival
- Support the media planning process and strategy, as well as traditional media buying, ensuring elements are delivered on time and on budget
- Manage promotional activity across the clubs owned assets including digital signage, on course material, racebooks and more
- Support the relationship with key media agencies to drive key advertising outcomes
- Regularly report on marketing performance to the team and wider business as required
- Work in collaboration with the Design Team and external agency (when applicable) to develop creative campaigns and ensure successful implementation across all marketing channels
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Marketing, or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Understanding of key marketing and design principles
- Prior experience in successfully implementing marketing campaigns preferably in a sports or event capacity
- Knowledge of key industry players, general racing knowledge is well regarded but not essential
What’s in it for you?
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Discounted coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse located next to our Head Office
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave
- Corporate discount with Volvo
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.