The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and our charitable arm, the MRC Foundation.
The Full-Time Junior Graphic Designer role is located at Caulfield Racecourse, reporting to the Creative Director, and is a key role in the in-house design team.
Working across all facets of the business – there will never be a day that replays the last. Digital assets will play a big role in design requirements, as will a smaller but important range of printed collateral. Excitingly, the design role will also supports the activation side of the business… which takes your work outside into physical products and activations Space.
Working across both the racing and non- racing side of the business, this role will be responsible for the design and marketing collateral across our world-class racing calendar, campaign and design work for our pubs group, as well as a diverse range of events like food and music festivals.
What will you be responsible for?
- Deliver amazing design solutions across all Race Day and Non-Race Day activities
- Contribute to new ideas/design thinking across all areas of MRC
- Industry-standard artwork files for all digital/print requirements– including leasing with 3rd parties when required
- Deliver on time/on budget and well-considered designs for all club activities
- Strong focus on digital design – Edm/social suites/website assets.
What skills & experience excite us?
- "Can do attitude" a must – How do we do it better. bigger, faster…
- Love of typography, colour and all things design
- Tertiary education in design/communication (essential)
- Industry experience (essential)
You will be joining a friendly, collaborative, and supportive team who pride themselves on their high quality of work and who enjoy celebrating success.
Why choose MRC?
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- Discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Paid volunteer leave
- Discounted Coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
Melbourne Racing Club values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply