The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
Based at Caulfield Racecourse, this is an incredible opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to join the IT Team. This role will be responsible for performing technical and administrative work in supporting and maintaining the computer network across the Melbourne Racing Club and its subsidiaries.
This is a really hands-on and varied role that will see you working with all departments across MRC where fresh ideas are encouraged – it’s a fabulous opportunity to foster relationships across a growing sporting and events business and really develop and hone your IT Support skills.
This position will include some weekend work supporting the race days and Pegasus Leisure Group, as well as being part of a roster on call schedule.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests using helpdesk software (Zendesk)
- Support and maintain point of sale (POS) and related devices, like POS printers, scanners and credit card readers
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Testing new technology
- Monitor stock levels for PCs, laptops, phones, mobile phones and tablets
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Undertaking small – to medium sized IT projects
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or equivalent industry related experience.
- Victorian Drivers License & vehicle essential
- Microsoft desktop operating systems certification
- Microsoft Office and relevant software applications
Skills and competencies
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues logically & systematically
- Ability to perform in high pressure situations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and prioritising skills
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in basic networking
- Previous experience using Zendesk system is advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation wide DRIVE Development program
- Access to our year round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance
- Discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Discounted coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse located next to our Head Office
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave
This is an amazing opportunity for you to build a long-term career within a growing business and a professional team. What are you waiting for?
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.