The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia’s most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Hospitality Kitchen Administrator will support the Food & Beverage team across our three racecourses with their labour management and financial administration of the kitchen operations. Key responsibilities of this role are the management of back of house rostering and forecasting labour management processes, inventory management and administration of purchase orders and corresponding invoice management.
The successful candidate may be required to work some weekend and outside traditionally business work.
Duties of the Hospitality Kitchen Administrator
- Manage and respond to casual kitchen employee queries
- Receive invoices and reconcile against purchase orders submitted
- Maintain adequate compliance records
- Timesheet entry for casuals
- Complete forecasting requirements to meet stakeholders needs
- Actively contribute in post race-day/function/event reviews and act on suggested improvements
- Manage purchase orders for Agency staff, seeking relevant approvals where needed
- Approval of Food & Beverage inventory and OPEX invoices
- Identify and resolve stock & COGS discrepancies
- Assist in preparation of labour forecast models
- Preparation of general journals
- Maintenance of inventory trackers across our three racecourses
- Manage month end stock balance sheet reconciliations
- Work during events as needed
Skills & Experience of successful candidates
- Current RSA certificate
- Tertiary Qualification(s) in Accounting/ Business Administration
- General ledger (GL) software experience desirable
- Previous experience in inventory and labour accounting desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why join Melbourne Racing Club?
- Discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted Coffee at Glasshouse
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and family to use
This is a truly unique opportunity that offers the right candidate a chance to make a lasting impact within a growing business and dynamic team.