The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Functions & Event Coordinator to join the team in coordinating the sales and delivery of a diverse functions and events calendar across multiple venues. Based at Caulfield Racecourse, this role will look after the non-race day events and functions across Caulfield Racecourse and Ladbrokes Park (Sandown).
The successful candidate will be required to work occasional weekends and late nights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Event planning and delivery, provide a high level of detail in all aspects of the event, including floor plans, event orders, work orders and related event documentation
- Coordinate event requirements on behalf of clients for all functions and events. Including Food & Beverage, event services and compliance and safety
- Post-event analysis to determinate client satisfaction
- Overall supervision ensuring venues are presented for events to a high standard
- Contractor management for audiovisual, cleaning, furniture set up, car parking and security
- Manage calendar of internal events
- Manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Continually look for opportunities of Functions & Events within existing and new clients
- Continually looking for opportunities for revenue growth through products and services
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience in event and/or venue management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous client management experience
- High level of initiative
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with and manage stakeholders
- Desirable - use of Ungerboeck event software
- COVID-19 Double Vaccination Status Required
What’s in it for you?
- a short walk from Caulfield Station
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family
- Discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Discounted coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse located next to our Head Office
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.