Who are we?
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is a non-for-profit members club with over 15,000 members. We conduct more than 70 race meetings annually across three premier racetracks in Victoria - Caulfield, Mornington and Ladbrokes Park (Sandown). Along with horse racing, we also hold functions and events of all sizes across our venues that include lifestyle and leisure shows, music and food festivals, trade shows and motorsport racing. Our MRC Foundation, the charitable arm of the MRC, leads the Club's charitable and community work under a centralised brand.
What’s the opportunity?
Enviably based at the beautiful Mornington Racecourse we are currently searching for Front of house staff that have experience working as F&B attendant, Bartenders and F&B Supervisors.
Boasting over 100 events per year including 18 race days, if you want to work for a racecourse that has been voted the number one country racecourse in Victoria on three separate occasions, then look no further and apply for this great opportunity.
To succeed in this exciting role, you will be required to demonstrate:
- Current Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (RSA)
- Previous experience with point of sale and ordering systems
- Proven F&B or Bartender experience.
- Ability to 3 plate carry, beverage tray service and a basic understanding of food and beverage.
- Exceptional and efficient customer service
- Friendly and approachable demeanour
- Excellent communication skills
- High standard of grooming and presentation
- Must be able to work as part of a team – team morale and culture is an essential part of our workplace environment.
- Demonstrated experience in high-end a-la-carte dining will be highly regarded (F&B staff)
- Barista experience
- Previous experience in a supervisor role responsible for a minimum of 5 staff
- Availability to work across a seven-day roster with the flexibility to work at our other racecourse venues (Ladbrokes Park and Caulfield) an option
- Wine appreciation knowledge
- Cocktail experience
Why choose us?
We offer a competitive salary and the chance to work for a company where no two days are the same. We have all the perks of a professional, corporate culture with the added benefits of flexible work practices, free onsite parking.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for highly-driven individuals to be part of a dedicated, hardworking and friendly team.