The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is proud to be recognised as a 2022 Winner of The Australian Business Award for Employer of Choice.
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Hospitality, Events, and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown), and Mornington Racecourses, we own 14 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a Foundation Manager to join MRC looking after the MRC Foundation. This role will be responsible for developing and leading corporate, individual and community engagement initiatives that support raising philanthropic funds to meet the revenue needs and goals of the MRC Foundation.
The successful candidate will be required to work occasional weekends and late nights as required by MRC Foundation events and fundraisers.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Developing and maintaining positive and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders for the benefit of MRC
- Identify growth opportunities and develop customer retention strategies
- Preparation of succinct Board papers to enable the Board to make decisions, monitor and receive updates on the matters reserved to the Board
- Develop and submit grant proposals to foundations, corporations and government agencies
- Identify opportunities for special campaigns and events
- Development and execution of annual fundraising initiatives and campaigns to ensure the Foundation can deliver its strategic plan and vision
- Establishing a competitive fundraising program through proposals, sponsorship, and donor contributions
- Provide reporting and manage record-keeping systems ensuring privacy, data accuracy, timely reporting and online/offline data security
- Leading the design and delivery of data driven customer centric one to one direct marketing communications across multiple channels for our business customers
- Stewardship of newly created bequest program
- Identification and relationship of management of donor mix; i.e regular givers, major donors etc
- Developing and achieving set fundraising targets and reports tracking, in conjunction with management
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Business Marketing, Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role in a corporate foundation or not-for-profit organisation
- Extensive fundraising development experience including a record of significant accomplishments and success in achieving measurable fundraising goals
- Demonstrated success in delivering effective and valued community programs within a large corporate structure
- Proven experience in managing relationships with clients/ partners
- Understanding of relevant governance, finance and law
- Demonstrated ability to assume a variety of responsibilities and work under pressure and time restraints
- Proven experience in planning, organising and coordinating workload/tasks in situations where demands of a diverse nature are involved
- Proven experience in maintaining financial records, expense management and reporting
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance.
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program.
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family.
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station.
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave.
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion, and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.