The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
Mornington Racecourse is looking for a full time Functions Manager to join the Food & Beverage team in delivering outstanding, consistent event management and coordination across the functions and events portfolio.
This opportunity would suit a customer service focused individual looking to build their Hospitality career within a supportive and an outcome focused team.
The successful candidate will be required to work weekend and evening functions and events due to the nature of the business.
Duties of the Functions Manager
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure all aspects of each event are delivered effectively and with successful outcomes
- Identify and rectify any issues, ensuring smooth coordination and running of all events
- Provide consistently high levels of customer service
- Work in conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager to develop annual menus across events and retail outlets
- Maintain professional relationships with stakeholders
- Conduct regular audits of quality and service standards
- Logistic & coordination of full venue set-up, including temporary structures / outdoor spaces
- Production of event documents including - floorplans, briefing notes, event reports
- Maintain stock levels for FOH requirements
- Assisting with monthly & annual compliance & stock control requirements
- Attend regular meetings and contribute to business development
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrated Experience in large scale functions and event operations - hands on approach
- Casual staff management experience – leading and managing a large team
- Exceptional knowledge of food and beverage
- Well-rounded service standard knowledge
- Proven experience in training and staff skill development & assessment
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to liaise with both front of house and kitchen team to ensure cohesive work environment
- Basic audio & visual set-up experience
- Proficient computer knowledge
- Ensuring OH&S guidelines are always implemented
- Strong attention to detail
- Bright and friendly demeanor
Why choose Melbourne Racing Club?
- Discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and family to use
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.