The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is proud to be recognised as a 2022 Winner of The Australian Business Award for Employer of Choice.
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia’s most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 14 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We are looking for an experienced F&B Administrator to join the growing team at MRC. This role will be responsible for supporting the Kitchen team with the administration of all purchases and internal transfers for MRC across Caulfield, Sandown, and Mornington racecourse. Reporting to the Executive Head Chef, the F&B Administrator will also be responsible for the general administration including compliance adherence, training completion, and certificate validity.
This role may be required to work limited events that occur outside of office hours and on weekends, however, the majority of the job will occur Monday to Friday.
What will my duties include?
- End-to-end management of the My Local Foodie (MLF) system, ensuring compliance is always upheld, suppliers are onboarded and pricing is updated.
- Train and support Chefs to enter all menus into MLF
- Support purchase order generation and reconciliation, and complete reimbursements for external expenses
- Conduct monthly stocktake process for the kitchen and ensure information is sent to Finance within the required timeframe
- Design Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for ordering that is required to occur outside of MLF, in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Design SOP for stocktake process, in conjunction with the Executive Chef
- Provide support to Executive Chef and financial tracking of kitchen purchases
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities
- Support the Executive Chef with food compliance
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in BOH/Kitchen roles (essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while prioritising multiple tasks
- Excellent time-management skills
- Previous experience within a kitchen administration environment
- Knowledge of kitchen ordering systems
- My Local Foodie (Desirable)
- Experience within an operational or administrative setting (desirable)
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance.
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program.
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family.
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station.
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave.
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion, and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.