The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join our fast pace close-knit Shared Services team. Reporting to the Shared Services Manager, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for overseeing the end to end Accounts Payable function, as well as providing assistance and support to our wider finance team.
What will your responsibilities be?
- End to end accounts payable process
- Manage the day to day processing of invoices via our OCR system and workflow
- Manage weekly payables cash flow reporting
- EFT payments runs across multiple entities
- Monthly supplier reconciliations
- Balance spreadsheet reconciliation
- Coordination and maintenance of the accounts payable inbox, ensuring timely manner of responses to enquiries
- Maintain high standard relationships with vendors and key stake holders
- End of month activities, including but not limited to purchase order accruals and open purchase order reporting
What skills and experience excite us?
- Minimum two years of experience in accounts payable
- Excellent computer literacy and significant experience in Microsoft Office Suite. Including Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint
- Experience with use in accounting package software – Ungerboeck preferred
- Strong numerical accuracy
- Strong attention to detail and efficient data entry ability
- Sound problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage workload to set deadlines
- Team player that can work autonomously
- Experience in Events or Hospitality highly desirable
Why choose us?
We have all the perks of a professional, corporate culture with the added benefits of:
- Flexible work practices
- Free onsite parking
- Paid volunteer leave
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.