The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is proud to be recognised as a 2022 Winner of The Australian Business Award for Employer of Choice.
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Hospitality, Events, and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown), and Mornington Racecourses, we own 14 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
MRC’s Food and Beverage department has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Executive Sous Chef Retail to join the team on a full-time basis delivering consistent quality food throughout our retail outlets across MRCs three racecourses.
Regarded as the industry leader due to the consistent creativity, innovation, attention to detail, and overall quality this role will have an opportunity to continue our high standards and transform our outlets with delicious offerings.
- Liaise with vendors to source the best products to be utilised in a retail environment
- Commercial oversight of retail offerings
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors for activations
- Abide by MRC and food safety auditing compliance including food safety logbook, temperature checks and all other regulatory requirements
- Meet agreed food and wage cost targets
- Oversee the appropriate receiving and storage of food
- Assist in creating and developing menus, specials and functions
- Assist with staff recruitment, rosters, supervision, communication, meetings and training
- Ensure all meals are produced efficiently and presented according to the desired quality standards specified by the Executive Chef
- Prepare, cook, and serve food in accordance with menus ensuring a high level of quality and presentation is achieved at all times.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role, in a high-volume function environment
- Hold current accreditations in Cert 3 or 4 in Commercial Cookery, Food Handling and First Aid.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and relevant software applications
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to interact positively with senior management, co-workers, members and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach at all times
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of the highest quality
- Reliable car and driver’s licence desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program.
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family.
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station.
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave.
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion, and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.