The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have a rare opportunity for an Executive Assistant to Chief Executive, Chairman and Committee to join the team in a full time 12-month parental leave position. This role is responsible for communications on behalf of the Club to both internal and external stakeholders and providing exceptional support, acting as a trusted advisor to the CEO. This key role in the most senior office plays a pivotal role in driving performance and proactively engaging with staff through a high level of preparation, consultation, and delivery of KPIs.
If you are a highly organised individual looking for a multifaceted role that is pivotal to the smooth running of the Club, this role could be for you!
What would your key responsibilities look like?
- Act as a trusted advisor and provide a high level of professional administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chairman, ensuring confidentiality and effective communication.
- Enabling the success of the Club leadership team through active participation and successful fostering of trusting relationships ensuring accountability of key KPIs is upheld.
- Organise, execute, and assist with team activities, including but not limited to; staff meeting agendas, off-sites, and team social events.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistants in the business to ensure a sharing of knowledge and skills to provide services to other Executives and departments if required.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of Club events through end-to-end coordination of Committee Room functions, managing guest lists for Club race days & key events and coordination of race day formalities & interviews/media commitments for the CEO and Chairman
- Coordination of a wide range of administration tasks, including but not limited to; calendar management, monthly reporting and reconciliation of accounts, monitoring multiple inboxes, meeting minutes, creation of board papers and travel arrangements
- Some weekend work required supporting relevant departments on site during Spring Carnival and key race days
What skills and experience excites us?
- 5+ years’ experience in related EA or Office Manager experience providing high-level Executive support essential.
- Administrative and/or event, hospitality or sporting experience preferred as well as developing, managing and executing events
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, communications, or a related field advantageous
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with consideration to various audiences
- Experience in diary management and planning
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
Why choose us?
We have all the perks of a professional, corporate culture with the added benefits of:
- Flexible work practices
- Free onsite parking
- Paid volunteer leave
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.