The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 15 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
The MRC Events department has a great opportunity for Event Specialist to join the team on a 6-month fixed term contract to assist in executing a successful events calendar for 2021.
Located at Caulfield Racecourse, this role will assist in developing, implementing, and coordinating all elements of race day and non-race day events, functions, and activities for the upcoming racing season.
The successful candidate will be required to work across all three racecourses, across all events, including weekend and after-hours work.
What does an Event Specialist do?
- Develop, implement and coordinate all elements of race days and non-race day events, functions and activities
- Manage the production of key events and activations, including budgetary components
- Provide high levels of customer service to ensure the smooth running of events.
- Liaise, communicate and work closely with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure all aspects of each event and activity are delivered to successful outcomes.
- Develop new initiatives including products, events, and activities to improve customer experience, relevance, and commercial health of the club.
- Deliver events on time and within the scoped resources to meet operational key performance objectives.
- Work collaboratively across marquees and infrastructure including event requirements such as equipment, signage, furniture, security, cleaning, power and plumbing.
- Management of compliance with state legislation, including COVID-19 regulations
- Support the Senior Event Specialist alongside other Event department team members with development of event strategies
- Manage internal project teams
Skills & Experience Required
- Formal Tertiary qualifications in Events, Marketing or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an event management role within a fast paced environment
- Experience managing external event suppliers and casual staff
- Demonstrated budget management skills
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Operations experience including event requirements such as Experience with marquee and infrastructure builds, equipment, signage, furniture, security, cleaning, freight, audio visual, power and plumbing is desirable
- Management of compliance with state legislation and regulations in OH&S, liquor licensing, food licensing, gas safety and COVID-19 regulations is desirable
What we offer
- Paid Volunteer Leave
- Discounted Coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse
- Racing Industry Members Passes, Discounts across our brands
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and family to use
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.