The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated Chef’s across various levels to join the growing team at MRC. We have several opportunities available including:
- Commis Chef
- Demi Chef
- Chef de Partie
- Cooks Grade 2
We are looking for individuals with a real passion for food and hospitality, a head full of new ideas.
Our Executive Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
Showcase your skills across our suite of reputable events. This role will be required to work across our three venues; Caulfield Racecourse, Mornington Racecourse, and Ladbrokes Park (Sandown).
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
COVID-19 Double Vaccination Status Required
Why choose us?
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for highly-driven individuals to be part of a hardworking team who are passionate about providing quality service to our customers. If this sounds like you, then apply now!
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.