The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and Whiskey, Wine and Fire and finally the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We are looking for an experienced casual Chef De Partie to join the team at MRC and help run all aspects of Kitchen operations. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate their creative flair and passion for food, as well as being an efficient operator to assist with food preparation and service.
Showcase your skills across our suite of reputable events. This role will be required to work across our three venues; Caulfield Racecourse, Mornington Racecourse, and Ladbrokes Park (Sandown).
- Assist with induction of new employees when required
- Maintaining control and leadership in the kitchen during service times in allocates sections
- Maintain professional relationships with external supplies
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with the head chef to develop and implement menus
ensure all staff following safety procedures
Skills & Qualifications:
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
- Full working rights in Australia
- Experience working in a pub/bistro environment
- Well versed in all kitchen areas with hands on experience
- Experience with kitchen operations and functions and ability to cook a broad range of food items
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Ability to follow and give direction when required
COVID-19 Double Vaccination Status Required
Why choose us?
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for highly-driven individuals to be part of a hardworking team who are passionate about providing quality service to our customers. If this sounds like you, then apply now!
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientations and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.