The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 13 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG), an emerging collection of owned events such as The Peninsula Picnic and the MRC Foundation, our charitable arm.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Business Analysis Lead to join the Strategic Planning & Projects team and contribute to the development of business analysis processes, tools, and templates. Reporting to the Senior Projects Manager/PMO Lead, the Business Analysis Lead will be responsible for providing practice leadership by coaching and mentoring principles of business analysis to build process maturity across the Club. The successful candidate will have demonstrated business analysis experience on complex projects within a similar role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with key stakeholders to identify changing business requirements using a range of tools and techniques
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to distil business needs to identify fit-for-purpose options
- Develop key project documentation including requirements definitions, business cases, feasibility analyses, communications plans, operational/user documentation, and implementation plans
- Plan and facilitate project workshops to cover problem definition, stakeholder analysis, risk analysis, implementation planning etc
- Critical evaluation and deconstruction of information gathered from multiple sources
- Management of projects with an appropriate scale and complexity under the guidance of the Senior Project Manager/PMO Lead
- Establish relationships and open communication with stakeholders, and use feedback to assess and promote understanding of the need for future changes
- Seek and implement continuous improvement within the business with a focus on having the lowest cost base, improved productivity and effectiveness
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Extensive ability to identify and assess stakeholder needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Extensive analytical, problem-solving, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to
- Experience working in a team and providing effective leadership and managing performance at a team level
What’s in it for you?
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation wide DRIVE Development program
- Access to our year round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events
- Discounted coffee at Caulfield Glasshouse located next to our Head Office
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.