We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced full-time People & Culture Advisor to join the Shared Services Team reporting to the General Manager Operations - P&C. This is a true generalist role covering a broad range of HR-related activities relating to our corporate, hospitality and events portfolios, providing customer focused, pragmatic and timely HR advice and support.
This successful candidate will also work closely to assist and support the General Manager Operations – P&C & Business Partner – P&C to drive efficient and effective service delivery.
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is one of Australia's most prestigious Sports, Events and Property Development companies. As well as running elite horse racing at Caulfield, Ladbrokes Park (Sandown) and Mornington Racecourses, we own 14 pub venues under the Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG).
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide P&C advice and support to staff on policies, industrial agreements and awards, whilst remaining up to date with associated legislation and employment law.
- Monitor and respond to general P&C queries and provide appropriate advice.
- Coordinate administration processes for required probity and compliance requirements
- Coordinate the end-to-end recruitment, selection and onboarding in accordance with recruitment policies and practices, including but not limited to advertisement drafting, position description review or creation, candidate screening, interviewing, offer negotiation, probity checks, contract variation, inductions etc.
- Coordinate administration processes across the employee lifecycle, including but not limited to management of employment documentation, probation periods, parental leave and exit programs.
- Work with the Business Partner – People & Culture to provide employee relations advice as and when required.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1.5 years in an HR Advisory role or similar.
- Tertiary qualification in P&C or related field.
- Experience with recruitment systems alongside job posting sites such as Seek and LinkedIn.
- Experience confidently managing end-to-end recruitment processes for both casual and permanent positions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in liaising with stakeholders to achieve HR Business objectives (e.g., talent, policy advice, performance and remuneration).
- Great time management and prioritisation skills.
- Operate with a continuous improvement mindset and have a desire to make meaningful changes to improve practices and efficiency.
What’s in it for you?
- Brand new state-of-the-art administration building with standing desks and breakout spaces
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities through the organisation-wide DRIVE Development program.
- Access to our year-round well-being initiatives including our Employee Assistance Program for staff and family.
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
- Free onsite parking or a short walk from Caulfield Station.
- Paid Volunteer and Parental Leave.
- Monthly staff lunches
Melbourne Racing Club values differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation and encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.