Who are we?
The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is a non-for-profit members club with over 15,000 members. We conduct more than 70 race meetings annually across three premier racetracks in Victoria - Caulfield, Mornington and Ladbrokes Park (Sandown). Along with horse racing, we also hold functions and events of all sizes across our venues that include lifestyle and leisure shows, music and food festivals, trade shows and motorsport racing. Pegasus Leisure Group, a subsidiary of MRC, operates a portfolio of 12 hotel and club venues located across metropolitan Melbourne. Last, but by no means least, our MRC Foundation, the charitable arm of the MRC, leads the Club's charitable and community work under a centralised brand.
Why choose us?
We offer a competitive salary and the chance to work for a company where no two days are the same. We have all the perks of a professional, corporate culture with the added benefits of:
- Flexible work practices - work from home options, flexible start/finish times etc
- Free onsite parking
- Corporate discounts with Volvo
- Paid volunteer leave
- Racing Industry Member passes, discounts across our family of brands and free tickets to a wide range of events.
What’s the Opportunity?
Our Shared Services team is seeking a dedicated People & Culture Advisor who is passionate about process efficiencies and customer service. You will provide assistance and support to deliver efficient and effective services both internally and externally, and provide high quality customer service, support and advice to the wider Melbourne Racing Club.
Working with a supportive, passionate and dedicated team, this role will be the first point of contact for all recruitment, ER advice, training, compliance and HR communication related items for the P&C Shared Services team.
This role requires outstanding initiative, integrity and communication skills with an ability to be flexible and pragmatic. The successful candidate will have experience within an HR related role, with a passion for developing their career within Human Resources. We are looking for a mature minded, decisive individual who has a commitment to HR best practice and a proactive approach to achieving successful outcomes for the business.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Interpreting HR policies and procedures for managers and employees
- Provision of Tier 1 generalist HR advice to management and employees
- Support performance management and grievances
- Manage employee relations queries and escalate to senior team members as required
- Provision of administrative support and advice for all recruitment enquiries
- Coordinating the delivery of training modules and on-going operations within our Learning Management System (Tribal Habits)
- Maintaining employee databases with an advanced attention to detail.
- Preparation of employment packs including contracts, employment letters and other HR documentation as necessary
- Establishing and maintaining electronic employee files
- Ongoing development and updating of HR documentation, policies and procedures.
- Support and delivery of the People & Culture communications strategies
- Formal qualification in Human Resources or related
- Experience within an operational or administrative setting desirable
- Knowledge of Emplive rostering & My Recruitment Plus recruitment systems highly advantageous
What are we looking for?
- High level Customer Service (internal and external)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to think creatively, looking at complex situations through a solutions-focused lens
- Ability to work productively in a fast paced and agile environment
- High level of resilience, demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and an exceptional attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite